I haven't written anything since the beginning of December and there's a lot of things I'd like to share with You guys.. Unless You don't want to read my rambling feel free to skip it. Just don't be surprised later
Okay, let's start!1. Status:
About trades / gifts - I need to confess that I won't be opening trades nor gifts ever. Also there won't be any special events involving them. I'm sorry
I need to focus strongly on commissions, since they cover my livelihood and stuff for the book, which also will be part of my future portfolio. 2. Updates:
About commissions - the list of orders will change heavily from January onwards. There won't be anymore linearts nor cell shades. Paintings option will be expanded and sketches will make a comeback. I think I enjoy making them most.
About my personal project - You probably know that I'm co-creating a book. And yes, it'll involve much more than Guardians (which are basically "dragons" and whereby You recognize me). I feel that if I'll start posting other concepts, no one will take a look at them. Because they're not draconic creatures. I was thinking about making separate blog (before making myself official web page) for book-related stuff. And leave only dragons on both dA and fA profiles (as a commissions hub). Or just leave the stuff to myself and not publish it anywhere. I'd say it all depends on the interest on theme. I wish I could tell more about the whole project, but the author still struggles with finding time to actually sit and start writing (he's got a full time job as a manager). So far there are only things I prepared, because they were part of my duty.
Tell me Your thoughts on this theme, it'll help me a lot with making decisions.3. Wishes
Now, Christmas is coming fairly quickly. I've seen some people making their wishlists, I'll share mine here:
1) Financial stabilization - we're still struggling a bit, hope from January on things will change for us for better,
2) More orders on commissions - I think it spokes for itself, I hope the new offers will be more approachable,
3) Being more "open" for people - I think that it causes my watchers to be a bit inactive, I'm sorry for it. My life isn't very exciting, I'm not extreme gamer / book worm / TV series lover / stuff hoarder etc... I simply sometimes don't have anything to write about. Also I'm silent from nature and don't talk much (introvert here).
4) Being able to commission - yes, there are some artists I'm dreaming of getting art from them..
5) Get married - this actually will come true. I'll have my wedding in 2 years (I hope! :,) ). Being in serious relationship for 9 years engaged for 3.
6) Get a dog - och, my.. I'm dreaming about it from a long time! I have a cat, but house will be complete with a dog as well
7) Hoard some art books - I wish I could get my hands on stuff from Luis Royo (I adore this guy's art so much!), also Diablo III art books. Sadly, games I enjoy most don't have art books... :c
9) Hoard some more figurines - I got Diablo action figure, wish to get a Hydralisks one (omg, I love them! My favourite of Zergs), Alien Queen's and McFarlane's dragons.
I think that's basically it. Hope to see You after new Year, I hope I'll be back with some new artworks.
So, I'd like to wish You all, a Merry Holidays and happy new Year 2015